The objective of the webinar is to introduce the topic of social protection and rural women’s empowerment, exploring the particularities of social protection interventions targeted at rural women and of the Sub-Sahara African context in terms of rural women’s economic empowerment.
- What are the pathways to empower women in Sub-Saharan Africa through social protection and other programmes?
- What is the evidence from impact evaluations and mix-methods of social protection programmes on women’s economic empowerment in SSA?
- How do we measure women’s empowerment? What are some of the indicators used in impact evaluations of social protection programmes?
- How can we better link social protection schemes with women’s empowerment schemes?
Presentations and related content are available at the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Online Community. To join the Online Community and stay up-to-date on this and future knowledge sharing initiatives, become a member of socialprotection.org.
- Amber Peterman (Social Policy Specialist, UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti)
- Markus P. Goldstein (Practice Leader, World Bank Africa Region, Africa)
- Leisa Perch (Deputy Representative, UNWomen Mozambique)
- Ana Paula de la O Campos (Strategic Programme Advisor for FAO's program on Rural Poverty Reduction)
Presentation PDF Available HERE.