At socialprotection.org, we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
socialprotection.org is the data controller of this platform. socialprotection.org believes strongly in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. We acknowledge that you may have privacy and security concerns with respect to the information we collect, use, and disclose to third parties for the purposes of allowing us to offer and provide our platform, products and services to you.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we collect, use and store your personal data, and do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any doubts.
socialprotection.org is a member-based platform that aims to facilitate knowledge sharing and capacity building on effective social protection policies and programmes. It is a platform by which you can freely access a comprehensive database and multimedia learning materials on social protection, while simultaneously fostering a community of social protection practitioners.
You do not need to register as a member of the platform to have access to content. Membership is required to participate in online communities or e-learning activities.
Collection and Use of Information
socialprotection.org processes personal information only to fulfil its legitimate interest of connecting people interested in social protection and knowledge sharing. To receive our newsletter and information on our webinars, you need to provide us with personal information, such as your name and e-mail address. Such information will not be shared with third parties, nor be used for corporate/propaganda/commercial purposes, nor published for general access. You do not need to be a member of the platform to receive the monthly newsletters or webinar communications.
socialprotection.org is a member-based platform that aims to connect people interested in social protection. Therefore, to access certain features of the platform, users are required to create a member account and provide personal information such as their name, e-mail address, language of preference, and affiliated institution. Member account information will not be shared with third parties, nor be used for corporate/propaganda/commercial purposes, nor published for general access.
The socialprotection.org team will use the identifying information for statistical and communication purposes, including but not limited to the distribution of newsletters and other materials for which you expressed interest in when registering. These may include information about socialprotection.org’s activities and promotion of other platforms, products, and services. We may access, preserve and disclose information that you provide to:
- facilitate effective access to the socialprotection.org platform and the learning products hosted on the platform;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- To the extent required by law, legal process, the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions or regulations of the General Assembly;
- To respond to third party claims;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of socialprotection.org personnel, Members and Visitors.
- See the areas of the website you visit
- See the amount of time you spend on the site
- See whether you are new to the site, or have visited it before
- See how you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine
- See the type of device and browser you use.
- notify you of changes to our services; and
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
Online Courses and E-learning activities
If you express interest in, or register for, a course, webinar or e-learning activity, we will record details related to that activity, including whether you started and/or completed it, the scores you achieve in assessments, certificates you earn, your responses to evaluation and feedback surveys, and other information relating to your participation in learning. We will use this information for the management and provision of courses.
- If you register on the socialprotection.org e-learning platform, your profile information will be visible to all other users through the messaging system and any in-course discussions. Only those who are taking the same courses as you will be able to see any additional personal details.
- If you access an online course through socialprotection.org that was created by a third-party provider, we will share data with that provider in anonymised, aggregated form (e.g. the total number of people who started and/or completed the course over a given time). This anonymised, aggregated data may include aggregate information about the gender, age or location of the people who start and/or complete the course.
- If you join an instructor-led training (e.g. face-to-face or webinar) given by a third-party organisation, you agree we can provide the third-party organisation with basic personal information so that they can provide that course (which may require them to contact you), as well as any additional data you provide when you join that course.
- As part of a course given by a third-party provider, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself. If you provide that information, you agree that we can provide that information to the third-party provider to provide the course.
- If you join a course that is administered by a third-party, they will be able to access your personal information and may also be able to access your learning history, as part of the standard reporting provided on who has accessed a course and the progress they have made in it.
- If you join socialprotection.org through a third-party organisation’s own branded login page, they will be able to access your personal information and learning history.
- Please note that some third-party providers are based in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection.
Along with the information you provide when registering, you will have the opportunity to provide additional data such as interests, profile picture, or additional contact details through your profile. Contributions made through the site, including comments on chat sessions or discussion forums, are shared by you willingly, spontaneously and consensually, and may be stored on the site and visible by other users.
The information you submit is available in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection.
Deleting Data and Unsubscribing
You can delete or modify your information on the platform by logging in to your member account or by contacting the socialprotection.org team.
To unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter or contact our team.
To deactivate your account at any time, access your account settings or contact our team.
Contact the socialprotection.org team at: firstname.lastname@example.org