Social Protection as a tool for rural poverty reduction
The overall objective of the course is to build capacity and awareness for experts and policymakers to reduce rural poverty, improve resilience and optimize migration flows through social protection. The online course is organised by the Regional Initiative of Small-scale Family Farming from FAO RNE (Regional Office for Near East and North Africa) for a group of invited participants.
The objectives of this series are to:
- Promote social protection as a tool for rural poverty reduction, resilience and migration in the NENA Region;
- Explore the different existing possibilities to foster the synergies between rural development and social protection for a sustainable rural development;
- Deepen the understanding of FAO’s particular role and potential entry points in social protection agendas at national and regional levels, taking into consideration the various country-contexts;
- To build capacity for evidence-based policymaking that can attend the needs to reduce rural poverty through social protection;
- Identify relevant and realistic windows of opportunity to bring about policy, regulatory, programmatic and/or institutional change at national and regional levels.