Global Social Protection Week: Achieving SDG 1.3 and universal social protection in the context of the future of work
The ILO is organizing a Global Social Protection Week, which will take place at the International Labour Organization headquarters in Geneva from 25 to 28 November 2019. The Global Social Protection Week on “Achieving SDG 1.3 and Universal Social Protection (USP2030) in the Context of the Future of Work” starts with a two-day High-Level Conference followed by a two-day Technical Segment.
The Global Social Protection Week will chart the way towards achieving universal social protection for all and provide a roadmap for the future of social protection within the framework of the recently adopted ILO Centenary Declaration for the Future of Work.
The webinar covered the following items:
• Presentation of the Week in the context of the ILO centenary and the Declaration for the Future of Work (5’)
• Objectives and contents of the high-level panel: A Global commitment to achieve SDG’s on social protection (15’)
• Objectives and contents of the technical sessions: Developing and enhancing social protection systems that are adequate, sustainable and adapted to the world of work (15’)
• Participants, parallel activities and communication (5’)
• Questions & Answers from the audience (20’)
Valérie Schmitt - Director ad interim, Social Protection Department, International Labour Office
Christina Behrendt - Head, Social Policy Unit, Social Protection Department, International Labour Office
Victoria Giroud-Castiella - Social Protection Officer, International Labour Office
Mira Bierbaum - JPO, Social Policy Unit, Social Protection Department, International Labour Office