Designing and Implementing Adaptive Social Protection Systems Registration - Executive Course 2023
Globally, social protection programmes are gaining traction as instruments to achieve sustainable development and reduce vulnerabilities faced by households in the context of a complex system of cascading and interacting epidemiological, economic, social and political shocks. Strengthening responsive social protection systems offers the potential to mitigate short- and long-term impacts while contributing to building the resilience of people to future threats and crises.
The Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI) is offering a five-day immersive course that will help you strengthen your knowledge and skills on social protection and explore new ways to design and implement adaptive and shock-responsive social protection systems.
- Panel discussions on key and relevant social protection concepts
- Engage with global social protection experts
- Resources and case studies
- Peer learning and networking opportunities
- Field trip
- Mentorship opportunities
Why should you join the course?
- Do you work with governments, development partners and NGOs and are looking to build internal capacity on social protection concepts, social protection financing and M&E?
- Are you looking for ways to apply your expertise to better understand challenges in designing and implementing adaptive social protection systems in the face of cascading and interacting crises?
- Do you want to better understand social protection practices in your country through the lens of international case studies?
- Do you want to engage in an international dialogue on social protection mechanisms, build your network and share experiences from various countries?
- Shock-responsive and adaptive social protection
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Evidence building for social protection
- Financing social protection
- Promotive social protection