- Adaptive and Shock responsive social protection
- Delivery systems
- Coordination and Governance
Adaptive and Shock responsive social protection
- Mantains (2020). Conceptual framework for studying social protection responses to COVID-19
- SPACE (2020). SPACE Strategy Decision Matrix.
- World Bank (2020). Adaptive Social Protection: Building Resilience to Shocks.
- Transform (2020). Shock Responsive Social Protection
- UNICEF (2020). Strengthening Shock Responsive Social Protection Systems : UNICEF Programme Guidance.
- UNDESA (2020). COVID-19 and a primer on shock-responsive social protection systems
- WFP (2020). 10 Things You Wish You’d Always Known about Shock-Responsive Social Protection
- European Commission (2019). Social Protection across the Humanitarian-Development Nexus. A Game Changer in Supporting People through Crises.
- DFAT and OPM (2019). Building on Government Systems for Shock Preparedness and Response: the role of social assistance data and information
- OPM (2018). Shock-Responsive Social Protection Systems Toolkit: Appraising the use of social protection in addressing large-scale shocks.
- OPM (2017). Shock responsive social protection systems research – Literature review.
- ODI (2014). Responding to a crisis: the design and delivery of social protection
- SPACE (2020). Preparing for future shocks: priority actions for social protection practitioners in the wake of COVID-19
- IPC-IG (2021). Policy in Focus - What's next for social protection in light of COVID-19: country responses
Asia and Pacific
- UNDR, FAP, ESCAP (2020). Asia-Pacific COVID-19 Brief: Disaster-Responsive Social Protection
- DFID and OPM (2021). Towards shock-responsive social protection systems: lessons from the COVID-19 response in Bangladesh
- UNICEF and IPC-IG (2020). Socio-economic impacts of COVID-19, policy responses and the missing middle in South Asia
- UNDP (2020). Addressing the COVID-19 economic crisis in Asia through social protection
- GDC (2020). COVID-19 in Colombia: Impact and Policy Responses
Latin America and the Caribbean
- UNICEF (2020). Social protection response to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean
- UNICEF and IPC-IG (2020). Social Protection and Response to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean II Edition: Social Assistance
- UNICEF and IPC-IG (2020). Social Protection and Response to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean III Edition: Social Security and Labor Market
- WFP (2020). Shock-Responsive Social Protection in the Caribbean Synthesis report.
- ECLAC (2020). Policy expansion in compressed time. Assessing the speed, breadth and sufficiency of post-COVID-19 social protection measures in Latin American countries’
- UNDP (2020). Policy Responses to the Pandemic for COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: The Use of Cash Transfer Programs and Social Protection Information Systems
- OCHA (2020). Cameroon Country Mapping: large scale cash transfers for COVID-19 response
- Mebrate, Hiwot (2021). Tackling Covid-19 and Building Back Better: The Case of Ethiopia
- IBC-SP and IPC-IG (2020). Social Protection Responses to the COVID-19 crisis in the MENA/ Arab States Region
Europe and Central Asia
- ILO (2021). Assessment of the Social Security Responses to COVID-19: Lessons from the Western Balkans and Eastern Europe during the first stage of the pandemic
- UNICEF (2020). Supporting Families and Children Beyond COVID-19 Social protection in Southern and Eastern Europe and Central Asia
General resources on Delivery Systems
- World Bank (2020). Sourcebook on the Foundations of Social Protection Delivery Systems
- SPACE (2020). Options for Rapid Delivery (Payment) of Cash Transfers for COVID-19 Responses and Beyond
- Kabinga, M. et. Al (2021). How technology can be deployed to scaleup social protection during COVID-19: The case of South Africa, Nigeria and Africa
- Kazzaz (2020). Emergency Disbursements During COVID-19: Regulatory Tools for Rapid Account Opening and Oversight.
- IMF (2020). Mobile Money in the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- FAO (2021). Digital Finance and Inclusion in the Time of COVID-19: Lessons, Experiences and Proposals.
- CGAP (2020). Rapid Account Opening in a Pandemic: How to Meet AML/CFT Rules for Social Assistance Payments.
- CGAP (2020). Digital Technology in Social Assistance Transfers for COVID-19 Relief: Lessons from Selected Cases.
Registration and Targeting
- SPACE (2020). SPACE Guidance Note on Rapid Expansion of Social Protection Caseloads
- BASIC (2020). Review and Analysis of Identification and Registration Systems in Protracted and Recurrent Crises
- WFP (2020). Targeting and Prioritization of Impoverished and Food Insecure Populations Affected by COVID-19
- IMF (2020). Reaching Households in Emerging and Developing Economies: Citizen ID, Socioeconomic Data, and Digital Delivery
- CaLP (2020). Case Study: Data Responsibility and Digital Remote Targeting During COVID-19.
- IPA (2020). Key Decisions for COVID-19 Social Protection in Low- and Middle-Income Countries.
Communications and grievance redress
- UNICEF (2020). Risk Communication & Community Engagement for COVID-19 Engaging with Children and Adults with Disabilities
- UNICEF (2020). Not Just Hotlines and Mobile Phones: GBV Service Provision During COVID-19
- MicroSave Consulting. Optimizing awareness, communication, and outreach for government payments in times of crisis.
Coordination and Governance
- Save the Children et al (2020). Responding to the COVID-19 Crisis: Linking Humanitarian Cash and Social Protection in Practise.
- CaLP (2021). Case Study: Responsible data sharing with governments.
- CaLP (2020). Supporting the Linkages Between Humanitarian Cash and Voucher Assistance and National Social Protection Systems.
- UNOCHA (2020). Global Humanitarian Response Plan Covid 19.
- OXFAM (2020). CVA and Partnership Toolkit.
- SPACE (2020). SPACE Identifying Practical Options for Linking Humanitarian Assistance and Social Protection in the COVID-19 Response.
- WFP and World Bank (2018). Human(itarian) capital? Lessons on better connecting humanitarian assistance and social protection
- CALP (2016). Working with cash based safety nets in humanitarian contexts: Guidance note for humanitarian practitioners
Localisation and other actors
General resources on Financing
- World Bank (2020). Disaster Risk Finance for Adaptive Social Protection
- World Bank (2020). Where is the Money Coming From? Ten Stylized Facts on Financing Social Protection Responses to COVID-19
- ODI (2020). Financing the Reduction of Extreme Poverty Post-COVID-19
- ILO (2020). Financing Gaps in Social Protection: Global Estimates and Strategies for Developing Countries in Light of the COVID-19 Crisis and Beyond
- WHO (2020). How to Budget for COVID-19 Response? A Rapid Scan of Budgetary Mechanisms in Highly Affected Countries.
- IMF (2020). COVID-19 Funds in Response to the Pandemic.
- ODI (2020). COVID-19 Economic Recovery: Fiscal Stimulus Choices for Lower-Income Countries
- MAINTAINS (2020). COVID-19 series: Disaster Risk Financing and Public Finance.
All vulnerable groups
Women and girls
- SPACE (2021). Inclusive Information Systems for Social Protection: Intentionally Integrating Gender and Disability.
- SPACE (2020). Strengthening Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) During the Implementation of Social Protection Responses to COVID-19
- SPACE (2020). Gender and Inclusion in Social Protection Responses during COVID-19
- CGAP (2020). Women’s Access to Cash Transfers in Light of COVID-19: The Case of Pakistan.
- IFPRI (2020). Gender-sensitive social protection: A critical component of the COVID-19 response in low- and middle-income countries
- DFAT (2020). COVID-19 Gender and Social Protection guidance note: Violence against women and girls- and gender-sensitive social protection programming
- UNICEF, Save the Children, & The Alliance (2020). Social Protection & Child Protection: Working Together to Protect Children from the Impact of COVID-19 and Beyond
- World Vision International (2020). COVID-19 & Child Protection in Fragile and Humanitarian Contexts
- UNICEF (2020). UNICEF’s social protection response to COVID-19
- Save the Children (2020). The Hidden Impact of Covid-19 on Children: A Global Research Series
- UNICEF and IPC-IG (2020). Overview of non-contributory social protection programmes in South Asia from a child and equity perspective
- UNICEF (2020). Emergency Universal Child Benefits: Addressing the Social and Economic Consequences of the COVID-19 Crisis in South Asia
- UNICEF and IPC-IG (2020). Emergency Targeted Child Grant to counteract the negative effects of the Covid-19 crisis in Maldives
- SPACE (2020). SPACE Social protection for older people during COVID-19 and beyond
- HelpAge International (2020). Responding to COVID-19 with improved social protection for older people (December 2020 update)
Persons with disabilities
- SPACE (2021). Inclusive Information Systems for Social Protection: Intentionally Integrating Gender and Disability.
- SPACE (2021). SPACE How Targeting Mechanisms Can Identify People With Disabilities for Inclusion in Social Protection Programmes
- Bank, Morgon, Davey, Shakespeare, Kuper (2020). Disability-Inclusive Responses to COVID-19: Lessons Learnt from Research on Social Protection in Low- and Middle-Income Countries.
- Banks L., Davey C., Shakespeare T., and Kuper H. (2020). Disability-inclusive responses to COVID-19: Lessons learnt from research on social protection in low- and middle-income countries.
- UNPRPD (2020). Initial overview of specific social protection measures for persons with disabilities and their families in response to COVID-19 crises.
- ESCWA (2020).Survey of National Measures to Protect Persons with Disability from COVID-19 and the Efforts to Inform themand Raise their Awareness through Accessible Means.
- United Nations (2020),Policy Brief: A Disability-Inclusive Response to Covid-19
- SPACE (2020). SPACE Informal Workers and Social Protection
- ILO (2020). "Extending Social Protection to Informal Workers in the COVID-19 Crisis: Country Responses and Policy Considerations." Social Protection Spotlight.
- IGC (2020). Informal Traders and COVID-19 in Africa: An opportunity to strengthen the social contract.
- IDB (2020). Social Protection and Informality in Latin America during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- IDB (2020). The Challenge of Protecting Informal Households during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Evidence from Latin America
- UNHCR (2020). Social protection responses to COVID-19 for forcibly displaced persons
- UNHCR (2020). UNHCR Cash Assistance and Covid-19: Main Findings from Post-Distribution Monitoring
- FAO (2020). Migrant workers and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ILO (2020). Social protection for migrant workers: A necessary response to the Covid-19 crisis
- UNICEF (2020). Social Protection for Children and Families in the Context of Migration and Displacement during COVID-19
- IOM (2021). Migrant Protection and Assistance during COVID-19: Promising Practices.
- UN Women (2020). Addressingthe impacts ofthe Covid-19 pandemicon women and migrant workers.
- UN Network on Migration (2020). Policy Brief: COVID-19 and People on the Move.
- UN Network on Migration (2020). Enhancing Access to Services for Migrants in the Context of COVID-19 Preparedness, Prevention, and Response and Beyond.
- Mazza (2020). Venezuelan Migrants Under COVID-19: Managing South America’s Pandemic Amid a Migration Crisis.
- FAO (2020). Social protection and COVID-19 response in rural areas
- FAO (2020). Impact of COVID-19 on informal workers
- FAO (2020). Public employment programmes in the time of COVID-19
- FAO (2020). Gendered impacts of COVID-19 and equitable policy responses in agriculture, food security and nutrition
- FAO (2020). Economic inclusion and social protection to reduce poverty: Pro-poor COVID-19 responses for an inclusive post-pandemic economic recovery
- ILO and FAO (2021). Extending Social Protection to Rural Populations: Perspectives for a Common FAO and ILO Approach
- FAO (2021). The role of social protection in the recovery from COVID-19 impacts in fisheries and aquaculture.
- FAO (2020). Rural youth and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FAO (2020). Addressing inequality in times of COVID-19.
- FAO (2020). COVID-19 and rural poverty.
- FAO (2020). COVID-19 and indigenous peoples