Gender and Social Protection: Current Issues and Policy Trends
The webinar took place on 3 May, at 9am – 10:30am (Washington DC), and addressed the following topics:
• Gender equality and women's empowerment in terms of poverty reduction strategies, particularly in rural areas.
• The impact on gender relations within the household and in the community.
• Social protection interventions and services that matter the most for women, particularly rural women.
• Complementary services that can make a difference in enabling gender equality and women's economic and social empowerment.
• Gaps in research on social protection programmes.
We also invite you to join the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Online Community to continue the webinar discussion and learn more about how social protection programmes contribute to gender equality and women’s empowerment. The Community is administered by the IPC-IG and the FAO. You will also be able to stay up-to-date on the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Webinar Series.
Take this 1 minute Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Survey to ensure The Gender and Social Protection Webinar Series features content you are interested in!
Webinar Panelists and Schedule:
9 - 9:30:
Speaker: Nicola Jones (Senior Research Fellow, Overseas Development Institute)
9:30 - 9:45:
Speaker: Agnes Quisumbing (Senior Research Fellow, The International Food Policy Research Institute)
9:45 - 9:55:
Discussant & Moderator: Ana Paula de la O Campos (Gender Policy Officer, Food and Agriculture Organization)
9:55 - 10:30:
Questions from the audience
This webinar was the first of the Gender-Sensitve Social Protection Series, which was organized by IPC-IG and FAO. Please join the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Community if you are interested in following the most recent discussions on the topic.