Webinar Presentation - Gender sensitive social protection in the Caribbean
Presentation of the Gender sensitive social protection in the Caribbean webinar held on 12 December 2016.
This is the 5th webinar in the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Webinar Series, organised by the International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO). Topics to be addressed include the following:
• What is the role of conditional cash transfers and other social protection programmes for addressing some of the needs of rural women?
• What are some examples of social protection programmes in Latin America and the Caribbean and their impact in addressing the needs of female farmers?
• What could be the next steps to help increase coverage of social protection in rural areas in the region, and of including a more gender-sensitive design in the existing social protection programmes?
• Bénédicte Leroy de la Brière - Lead Economist, Gender Cross-Cutting Solutions Area, World Bank Group
• Mario Esteban Sosa – Social Innovation Analyst, Technical Directorate of Social Policies Coordination, Dominican Republic
Moderator: Raquel Tebaldi, IPC-UNDP