Social Protection and Human Rights Legal Depository
This a collection of resources related to the right to social protection. The instruments provided here provide a legal framework for understanding, implementing, and monitoring social security.
The resources provided here fall into two primary categories:
- Legal instruments, which consist of:
- United Nations legal instruments, which include
- UN human rights instruments,
- International social security and other labour standards and
- Other United Nations instruments;
- Regional legal instruments, which include
- Regional human rights instruments and
- Regional social security and other labour standards; and
- Domestic legislation, which includes
- Constitutional provisions and
- other domestic legislation.
- Legal cases, which consist of a collection of jurisprudence which is useful for practitioners and policy makers to see how the terms of the law have been applied in specific cases at international, regional and national level. These decisions can be useful advocacy tools by setting precedents and showing how human rights-based can become suitable for legal action.