Webinar Presentation: Embedding localisation in the COVID-19 response
Slide presentation of the webinar held on 22 September 2020.
The presentations and discussion were framed around the following questions:
- In what ways does the COVID-19 pandemic provide opportunities and entry points for enhancing the role of local actors in immediate cash response and beyond?
- What are the benefits and challenges of working in this way – as experienced by different actors including beneficiaries, civil society and donors?
- To what extent is localisation in the cash response to COVID-19 resulting in devolution of decision-making as well as implementation?
- What are the core principles of localisation we should be considering along the delivery chain of any COVID-19 cash response?
- What does this mean in practice when designing a response?