Design and monitor Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture and Food Systems Programmes
This is the fourth of a series of e-learning courses on Nutrition and Food Systems, which will guide you through the steps required to design of a nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food system programme. By the end of the course, you will be aware of key issues to consider at each step and be equipped with tools to address them.
The course is designed to assist professionals from any fields related to agriculture and food systems that are involved in designing nutrition-sensitive programmes, investments and policies. This includes staff working in a wide range of organizations including national governments, regional organizations, international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), research institutes, universities, development agencies, and private sector.
You will learn about
- Basic concepts of agriculture to nutrition impact pathways, and how to apply them through practical, scenario-based examples.
- How to formulate nutrition-sensitive objectives and outcomes.
- How to target nutritionally vulnerable and prioritize interventions accordingly.
- How to define key elements of the implementation strategy, namely capacities and partnerships.
- How to design a monitoring system.
- Considerations for costing nutrition-related elements.
The course consists of 7 lessons:
- Lesson 1 - Introduction: Agriculture-to-Nutrition Impact Pathways. Key concepts
- Lesson 2 - Step 1: Formulating nutrition-sensitive objectives and outcomes
- Lesson 3 - Step 2: Target the nutritionally vulnerable and prioritize interventions accordingly
- Lesson 4 - Step 3: Build your impact pathway
- Lesson 5 - Step 4: Define your implementation strategy
- Lesson 6 - Step 5: Design a monitoring system
- Lesson 7 - Step 6: Costing nutrition-related elements