CVA and Social Protection Part 2: Designing CVA that is Linked to Social Protection
This is the second part of a 2-part course on linking humanitarian CVA with Social Protection. We recommend you take Part 1: An introduction to CVA and Social Protection before continuing with this course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- List the five suggested steps for designing cash-based humanitarian assistance that links to and utilises, or contributes to strengthening, social assistance systems in the country.
- Describe each of the five steps for designing CVA.
- Explain the activities that humanitarian actors need to conduct at each step, and how they differ compared to the usual actions of the emergency response cycle
- Describe how the social assistance context influences the choice of how to link cash-based humanitarian assistance with social assistance.
- Identify potential communication and co-ordination requirements across each step
- Demonstrate ability to apply the steps in order to make appropriate decisions
- Collaborate with appropriate partners at each step.
This course does not provide an introduction to humanitarian cash-based programming, nor to social protection. If you are not familiar with humanitarian CVA, please take a look at the CaLP CVA Fundamentals course or browse CaLP's course catalogue for more information.
Course also available in French (https://kayaconnect.org/course/info.php?id=1049).