Third Webinar (29 August 2019): 'Social protection and social security'
In this third webinar of the USP2030 webinar series, participants discussed social security current and future challenges, risks, innovation and opportunities. In this webinar, panellists have presented some specific examples in low- and middle-income countries that guided the discussion around key learnings, strategies and limitations to what has been implemented in different places around the world.
If you missed it, we invite you to watch the recording:
Access the presented slides here.
- Ten global challenges for social security (International Social Security Association | 2016)
- Handbook on the extension of social security coverage to the self-employed (International Social Security Association | 2012)
- Bridges to Better Lives: SEWA's Community Health Workers (Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing | 2019)
- Rural poverty reduction in the 21st century (International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth | 2019)
- Social protection for building the resilience of forest-dependent people: Evidence, linkages, practices and potential applications (Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations | 2017)
- Social protection to foster sustainable management of natural resources and reduce poverty in fisheries-dependent communities (Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations | 2017)
- Social protection for small-scale fisheries in the Mediterranean region (Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations | 2019)