Dear SP.org members,
As much as we would love to get everyone off their screens, this is our new reality….
…as is the proliferation of information on the cash and social protection side in the context of COVID-19. For a very quick round up…
- Socialprotection.org has launched this new collaborative space on "Social protection responses to #COVID19" with a whole series of links, events, newsletters, etc.
- The IMF has a policy tracker.
- In his Weekly Social Protection Links, Ugo Gentilini has been providing updates on how countries are using social protection programs for responding to COVID-19: countries have doubled in offering expanded benefits to citizens with cash transfers leading the way.
- CaLP has opened a dedicated space on "CVA and COVID-19: resources, guidance, events and questions". On the CaLP D-Group, Charlie has shared a google.doc to crowd source for understanding social protection information management systems (aka: social registries). All of this we’re sure is being updated in the CaLP crowd sourced document.
- We also have the useful dashboard that WFP Caribbean colleagues have shared this morning on the CaLP D-Group.
These are just some of the offerings we have along with agencies ramping up their own plans on this. So… what does it all mean and how can you engage (or not engage which is also a very real option) and stay informed and on top of it all? There’s lots of webinars, conf calls, etc. just now and things moving quite quickly.
A few of us were going to get together to discuss and start to detangle what’s what in the space and share ideas/experiences, etc. We thought perhaps that we can open it up wider in this case.
So… please feel free to join us, Cecile Cherrier, Zehra Rizvi and others, on Wednesdays (0800 EST, 1400 CET, 1900 Jakarta time) for a probably very geeky discussion on what we’re seeing and how we’re interpreting it (issues and opportunities). Think of it like a podcast or using the houseparty app (feel free to bring your breakfast/late lunch/fave tipple along). We are nominally co-hosting but want it to be open to all and treat it like a ‘live’ discussion thread. We are using zoom so that this is possible. We would like to do this on a weekly basis and don’t have any set format in mind and welcome ideas/questions already. There are no right answers and it will be a judgement free zone.
Informal hangout on Wednesdays 8 am EST / 2 pm CET / 7 pm UTC+7
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Zehra and Cecile
Topic: SP CVA Hangout
Time: Apr 8, 2020 08:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Wed, until May 20, 2020, 7 occurrence(s)
Apr 8, 2020 08:00 AM
Apr 15, 2020 08:00 AM
Apr 22, 2020 08:00 AM
Apr 29, 2020 08:00 AM
May 6, 2020 08:00 AM
May 13, 2020 08:00 AM
May 20, 2020 08:00 AM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 466 765 726
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,466765726# US (New York)
+13126266799,,466765726# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 466 765 726
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbk4IdnIy2