This week’s newsletter is rammed full of fascinating new publications, articles and blogs – almost too many to mention. To give you a flavour of what you can find, you will find:
- links to UNSDG’s socio-economic response plans for Samoa and the Maldives;
- UNICEF’s situation and humanitarian needs overviews from Equatorial Guinea, Malawi, Ghana, and Cote d’Ivoire;
- calls for social protection policy action in Lebanon;
- a policy brief from Oxfam looking for hope not austerity in MENA;
- a briefing note from ODI/HPG on COVID-19 and localization;
- Plan International and Girls not Brides policy note on COVID-19 and child marriage in West and Central Africa;
- Mercy Corps’ MPCA endline evaluation from Gaza;
- CaLP and USAID’s lessons learned in relation to CVA in Colombia and Ecuador.
News articles and blogs cover highlights from Guatemala, Kenya, Brazil, Belize, Dominica, the USA, Uganda, and Afghanistan.
There is a focus on inclusion in many of the publications which ties in nicely to this week’s Grand Bargain Sub-Group on linking HCT and SP monthly webinar (Thursday 17 September) where experts from Somalia, the oPt, the Philippines, and Syria will share with us successes and challenges in ensuring linked and inclusive responses to the pandemic.
The "Social Protection-Humanitarian Cash Transfers links" weekly update in relation to the COVID 19 responses is a joint initiative of the Grand Bargain Cash Workstream sub-group on linking social protection and humanitarian cash transfers and this online community on "Social Protection in Crisis Context" (which is an unbranded, member-led initiative hosted by socialprotection.org). Past updates on linking social protection (SP) and humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) in relation to the COVID 19 responses can be accessed at this link.