In the lead up to and now responding to Ukraine's current IDP and Refugee crisis, I have been writing a series of blogs to help support preparedness and response activities. One key factor that has come through all of the posts is the critical role social protection systems will play in responding to this crisis. I am sharing here now the consolidated posts to support any agencies or teams working on the response and stimulate discussions and sharing of tools related to the Ukraine response. I am particularly interested in any discussions on shock responsive social assistance, and how it can be supported in Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Hungary and Moldova in the coming days.
- 27/02/2022 - Ukraine Refugee Response: Lessons Learnt from the Greece Refugee Response https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ukraine-refugee-response-lessons-learnt-from-greece-thomas-byrnes
- 26/02/2022 - Flash Report: Ukraine Financial Sector Resilience https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ukraine-refugee-response-lessons-learnt-from-greece-thomas-byrnes
- 25/02/2022 - Flash Analysis: Considering Humanitarian Funding needs for Ukraine. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/thomasbyrnes_ukraine-ukrainecrisis-humanitarianaid-activity-6902923326646222848-Nwpk
- 25/02/2022 - Flash Analysis: Cash Coordination in Ukraine https://www.linkedin.com/posts/thomasbyrnes_ukraine-ukrainecrisis-unocha-activity-6902675712197627904-pOEl
- 18/02/2022 - Flash Analysis: Considering Humanitarian response planning for Ukraine based on recent UK Ministry of Defence warning. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/thomasbyrnes_ukrainecrisis-ukraine-cva-activity-6892044377506557953-K3iW
- 26/01/2022 - Thinking ahead on potential humanitarian response analysis for Ukraine, the current use of Cash and preparedness activities that could be undertaken. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/thomasbyrnes_russiaukrainecrisis-ukraine-humanitarian-activity-6900567854689652736-Ok2V
Market Impact Ltd