Social Cash Transfer Programme
To reduce extreme poverty and intergenerational transmission of poverty.
The specific objectives are to:
• supplement but not replace household income;
• increase the number of households having a second meal per day;
• increase the number of households owning assets such as livestock;
• reduce stunting and wasting among children under 5;
• increase the number of children enrolled in and attending primary school; and
• reduce the rate of mortality and morbidity of children under 5.