CTP and Social Protection Part 1: Linking Humanitarian CTP and Social Protection: an Introduction
This course offers an introduction to Social Protection, and a first look at the ways in which it can be linked to humanitarian cash assistance. In this course we will look at the basic principles covered in the associated Guidance Note.
This course is designed for humanitarian staff with existing knowledge of cash transfer programming, who want an introduction to linking CTP with Social Protection. It does not provide an introduction to humanitarian cash based programming. To get the most from this course, you should already have a good understanding of humanitarian cash based programming, either from practical experience or from completion of CaLP’s Core Courses, or both.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- define social protection
- list the components of social protection
- understand the different functions of social protection
- compare and contrast social protection and humanitarian assistance
- identify the social protection components that are most relevant in terms of linking to humanitarian assistance
- describe the potential advantages of linking humanitarian cash based assistance with social protection
- define the programme options for linking social protection with humanitarian cash based assistance
- define the two potential roles for humanitarian actors in making social protection systems responsive to shocks
- give examples of what the above two role types might entail, and for different departments of a humanitarian agency
- list the potential challenges of linking humanitarian assistance with social protection.
The course will take around 1.5 hours to complete. Read more.
Course also available in French (https://kayaconnect.org/course/info.php?id=1044).