Presentaion of the Gender sensitive social protection in the Caribbean webinar
This is the 5th webinar in the Gender-Sensitive Social Protection Webinar Series, organised by the International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO). Topics to be addressed include the following:
• What is the role of conditional cash transfers and other social protection programmes for addressing some of the needs of rural women?
• What are some examples of social protection programmes in Latin America and the Caribbean and their impact in addressing the needs of female farmers?
• What could be the next steps to help increase coverage of social protection in rural areas in the region, and of including a more gender-sensitive design in the existing social protection programmes?
• Bénédicte Leroy de la Brière - Lead Economist, Gender Cross-Cutting Solutions Area, World Bank Group
• Mario Esteban Sosa – Social Innovation Analyst, Technical Directorate of Social Policies Coordination, Dominican Republic
Moderator: Raquel Tebaldi, IPC-UNDP