The purpose of this course is to provide a thorough introduction to EU social security law.
- EU legal framework on social security law
- General principles of EU social security coordination
- Rules on determination of the legislation applicable
- Special provisions concerning the various categories of benefits (sickness benefits, invalidity and old-age pension, unemployment benefits, family benefits)
- Patient mobility and cross-border healthcare
- Administrative cooperation and Electronic Exchange of Social Security Information (EESSI)
EU legislation and recent case law of the Court of Justice of the EU will be presented. Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through case studies and workshops.
Visit to the European Court of Justice
Participants in the summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at legal practitioners seeking an introduction to EU social security law.