The purpose of this course is to provide a thorough introduction to EU social security law.
- EU legal framework for social security
- General principles of EU social security coordination
- Rules on determination of the applicable legislation
- Special provisions concerning the various categories of benefits:
- Sickness benefits
- Invalidity and old-age pensions
- Unemployment benefits
- Family benefits
- Patient mobility and cross-border healthcare
- The proposed revision of the coordination rules
Who should attend?
EU legislation and recent case law of the Court of Justice of the EU will be presented. Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through case studies and workshops.
Visit to the CJEU
Participants in this summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg.
After a day's intensive training, enjoy our varied social programme: the course dinner with fellow participants, wine-tasting in the Mosel vineyards and a tour of the historic city of Trier.