The Global Symposium on Microfinance, with the theme “Revolutionizing Microfinance: Insight |Innovation | Inclusion” is an opportunity to bring together regulators, for policymakers, financial services providers, mobile network operators and community-based institutions to develop a shared vision of how to harness emerging innovations to meet the needs of the micro and small enterprises, and provide a broad range and affordable financial products and services.
It's also an opportunity to create a network of microfinance experts who can share their insights and experiences so they apply the very latest and most effective approaches in improving financial tools and systems for the most marginalized segments of businesses.
The objectives of the Global Symposium are to:
- Facilitate a broader understanding of emerging global trends in microfinance especially in the context of rapid use of technology to spur products and business model innovation.
- Showcase technology-led and other innovations in microfinance business models, delivery channels, and risk management
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 17, 2017
- Highlight successful client-centric approaches in providing superior financial services measured by level of access, usage and quality.
- Understand risks and challenges in scaling technology based microfinance solutions and identify proportionate regulatory and supervisory approaches that enable responsible growth.
- Serve as a platform for public-private collaboration in expanding financial inclusion by convening national policymakers and private sector industry leaders